Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Rogue Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale

For those of you who don't know, I am a bit of a beer freak. I love trying new beers, especially unique and unusual recipes. Last week I ordered a bottle of Rogue Ale's Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale. Rogue and Voodoo Doughnut, a Portland based doughnut bakery, teamed up to make a beer that is supposed to taste just like the doughnut it is named after. The beer arrived today, but I'm saving it for the weekend. It should be interesting to say the least.

Where does photography come into this? Well, I decided to try my hand at product photography with this unique bottle. I wanted the background to be completely black so I set up a backdrop of black felt. I placed the bottle on black glass to keep the black theme but also to show a reflection. I used a two point lighting set up. This was my first time trying anything like this so it took me several shots to get the lighting decent. A diagram of the final set up can be seen here. It's not exact, but you can get the general idea.

Here is the final result:
Rogue Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale

No comments:

Post a Comment