Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

Tokina AT-X M35 Pro DX 35mm f/2.8 Macro

For this past holidaymas I obtained a Tokina AT-X M35 Pro DX 35mm f/2.8 Macro lens. I had a long post written out about it, but I guess I wasn't supposed to post it because I lost the whole thing when I went to save it. So rather than re-type it I'll give you the condensed version. And yes, I know it was stupid not to save incrementally :).

Since I have limited experience with lenses I'm going to share what I have observed from using this lens this past week compared the kit lenses I have been using.

So the quick and dirty. The lens is very sharp compared to the kit lenses. It can focus extremely close, so much so that you have to be careful of lens shadow when shooting at or close to 1:1. It's not good for bugs or anything else that is skittish, since they tend to not let you get that close to them, but great for everything else. The autofocus can be excruciatingly slow once you get close to the range of macro.

Now on to the photos. I took all of these photos this past week using the  Tokina AT-X M35 Pro DX 35mm f/2.8 Macro.






Where There Is No Vision...



These are just a few, there are more on my Flickr. Please feel free to comment, question, and critique, I always look forward to hearing others' opinions on my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment